We will review it before posting it online.
~ Christopher and Fei
Our reception will be held at:
19 North Main Street,
May 29th, 2010
(Plan to come on time)
Click here to view map in a new window.
If you have any questions, however, or would still really like to make it, you can also contact us through our RSVP page.
Come in your Sunday best, bring your dancing shoes and be prepared to have a good time!
Presence over presents, we say.
We truly appreciate all who want to help us get started on building our lives together, but we would simply be grateful if you could just be there to share our special day with us.
Thank you for all your love and support!
Please let us know if you can (or can't) make it to our reception party on May 29th, 2010 by May 22nd. Thanks!
Thank you for the RSVP!
~ Christopher and Fei
- The short story is that he is from Emporia Kansas [insert Wizard of Oz reference here]
- He has no intention of settling down there, or anywhere, for that matter.
- He is 27 years old, 2 years older than I am.
- He is the eldest of 3 boys.
- He is 6' 3: that's a foot taller than I am.
- He is currently pursuing a political-sciency Masters degree in California
- ‹brag›He is an excellent student and really loves his program.‹/brag›
- His dream job is to be a travel photographer.
- Realistically, he would like to be in the Foreign Service or have some kind of analyst position. That would be well-suited to his interest in foreign affairs.
- Despite what it looks like, he isn't really into Asian chicks. I am simply a lucky exception.
- Christopher's hobbies include photography, computer & board gaming (the strategic kind), studying Chinese, cooking, and scuba diving.
- People are frequently aggravated by how often he kicks their butt at board games (myself included).
- Actually, he pretty much does everything he sets his mind to well. He is highly competent and does not settle for mediocrity. You should see his photos.
- He dreams of one day CONQUERING THE WORLD. Ahem...
- Christopher has a knack for getting/ understanding/ figuring out things/ people/ concepts/ systems. Yes, even women. People are transparent to him.
- He is a forward thinker and lives in the future. Whatever you are thinking, heís probably already 3 steps ahead of you. Top-down perspective, heís got it.
- In his spare time, he doesnít rest; he works. He works on his photography, works on increasing his economic efficiency at Starcraft2 Ė works on his projects. Works.
- When he chooses to zone out to TV, he does so to deliberately "dumb down" his brain so he can be a "stupid happy person".
- He most often listens to trance, ambient, soundtracks, new age, and classical Ė instrumental music.
- His favorite dishes are Panang curry (Thai), Malai Kofta (Indian) & dragon beans (Chinese). He can make each one: delicious.
- Christopher likes things of great quality and would have nothing but the best if he could afford it.
- He also takes meticulous care of his possessions. I am extremely fortunate to be his most prized possession.
- Despite how serious Iíve made him sound, he can be incredibly silly and has a real goofy side.
- He often sings made-up out-of-tune songs that donít rhyme. If you have witnessed it, take it as compliment: it means he likes you, is enjoying himself and is completely at ease in your presence.
- He also loves being a tease and his favorite victim for that is me, because he thinks I secretly like it.
- Personality typing wise, he is red, Type 5, and an INTJ. An interesting hybrid of Alpha Male and nerd.
- He is a tricky one to pin down though, as he is quite a chameleon & often becomes what the situation demands, while playing his cards close to the chest.
- People are often oblivious to how antisocial he is. He would rather avoid all social obligation if he could help it, likes his space and alone time, and could live perfectly content alone.
- You might expect him to be cynical, but he is a surprisingly optimistic realist who believes in the extraordinary.
- Christopher has a deep sense of privacy. Iíve been making him terribly uncomfortable & Iíll stop now. ☺
- But I will say this: Christopher is perfect for me and it is impossible not to be wholly and utterly smitten by him.
- Fei is nationality challenged. Born in Malaysia, but the majority of her family lives in Singapore. She hasnít lived in Malaysia for more than eight years.
- Her culture is a strange mixture of Malaysian Chinese/American/Mormon. Her native language in English but she has a good command of Mandarin, Malay and Cantonese.
- She loves children more than anything and generally finds work thatís centered on them and teaching.
- She used to have cats. She doesnít anymore. She wants them again, but is marrying a very mean, anti-cat person who would make kitten coats out of them. She realizes this and is still marrying him anyway. Thatís true devotion.
- Your personality, to her, is like a puzzle. You have a type and she will piece it together. It is not unusual for her to bring several pencils and pieces of paper and compel you and your unsuspecting friends to take personality tests during the most unexpected moments.
- She is militantly proud of her type: ENFP RSC (but the C is way, way at the end). If you understood any of that, youíre either extremely intelligent or a member of a cult. Or both.
- Late in his life, Winston Churchill said of her, ďFei is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.Ē Churchill might have been referring to the former Soviet Union instead of Fei, but historians remain undecided. What is certain: at the center of that mystery wrapper is a very sweet treat.
- Fei loves board games. More than playing board games, she loves teaching you to play board games. After teaching you one game, sheíll want to teach you another instead of letting you have fun with the one you just learned.
- In another life, she was a competitive swing dancer and placed second in a national competition.
- Her favorite pastime is napping. Average duration of a Fei-nap: 180 minutes.
- Sheís a phenomenal writer when she isnít in a relationship. When she is, she makes a pretty killer editor.
- She is a very, very, very emotional person. Did I mention she loves/embraces/worships emotion? The best movies/books/conversations are ones where she sheds a gallon of tears.
- She loves unconditionally. Seriously, there are no conditions. Zero, zilch, nada. Trust me, Iíve looked everywhere.